Wednesday, 11 December 2013

Unconscious has tremendous powers







The unconscious has tremendous powers. It can communicate. It communicates sometimes even
without your practicing it. For example, if a son is dying, it is possible that the mother may be
thousands of miles away but she will start feeling something wrong is happening, because she has
a certain connection with the son. The son is just part of her. For nine months he was part and
parcel of her physiology, her psychology, everything. His foundation is still connected with her.


It happened: one of my friends is a very well known poet, Professor Rameshwar Shukla, whose pen
name is Anchal. We were traveling from Jabalpur to Nagpur in the same car. It must have been
twelve-thirty in the night. We were midway between Jabalpur and Nagpur and he suddenly heard
something. I didn’t hear anything. He said, ”Did you hear something?”
I said, ”No.”
He said, ”Strange, but I have heard it three times.”
I asked him, ”what have you heard?”
He said, ”I have heard ’Munna, Munna, Munna.’”

I said, ”What does that signify to you?” I had no idea that his childhood name was Munna. In India it
is a popular name, Munna. Before children get a full name, they are called Munna, Pappu, just like

that – any meaningless word. It was his childhood name.

He said, ”Only my father uses it, nobody else,” because he was now himself nearabout sixty, principal
of a college and a well known poet. Who would call him Munna? Only his father, and his father lived
in Allahabad.
I said, ”Then it is better we stop somewhere and you immediately make a phone call to Allahabad.”
He said, ”Nonsense! Why?”
I said, ”Don’t say nonsense... because if only your father calls you Munna, and you heard it three
times, and I have not heard it, that means something in your unconscious is stirring, and it must be
connected with your father.”
He said, ”Do you believe in such things?”
I said, ”It is not a question of belief; to me it is very scientific.”
We stopped at Seoni, a big city between Jabalpur and Nagpur; that was the only place where we
could get to the phone. We phoned. His father had died exactly at twelve-thirty, and before he died
he had called three times, ”Munna, Munna, Munna,” because he was his only son. And at exactly
twelve-thirty my friend had heard it. Now, this has nothing to do with the conscious mind. But the

unconscious can have a communication.

Osho-" From Unconsciousnes to Consciousness"

No comments:

Post a Comment